A standard tomato sauce to go with anything
2 Tablespoon of Olive oil/ Cooking oil
One Large Onion
Three pegs of garlic
1 Table spoon of Tomato Puree
1/8 to 1/4 Teaspoon Of Ground clove
1/4 To 1/2 Teaspoon Of All Spice
1 Table spoon of fish Seasoning
1 To 2 Tablespoon of Season All
1 Sprig Of Fresh Thyme
Sprinkling of Black Pepper
1/2 Table Spoon of Honey
300 ML approx of warm water
1) …Heat the oil under a low heat.
2) …Heat the Oil until very warm but not very Hot
3) …Fry the Bulbs ( Onion, Garlic ) slowly until tender and soft, but not burnt. Approximately 10 to ……15 minutes or until soft. ( the garlic might start to burn. if this happens , turn down the heat,always remember to keep the heat low.
4) ….Add 2 to 3 bulbs of Tinned Tomato….and break them up to Small pieces.with the spoon whilst in the pan to blend in with the other ingredients in the Pan.
5) ……Add the Tomato Puree…..and stir in well
6) …….Add the Ground Clove- The All Spice-The Season All- The Fish Seasoning. The Sprig of Fresh Thyme. And Honey.
7) ……. Stir in the ingredients and the water then leave on a low heat to simmer down Approx 15 to 30 minutes. Stiring occasionally to prevent burning and sticking of the contents at the bottom of the Pan.
8)….. TASTE THE MIXTURE TO CHECK for SUITABILITY..
SPECIAL NOTE. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE READY MADE SEASONING HAVE SALT PACKED OUT INTO TE CONTENTS TO PAD IT OUT THEREFORE THERE MAY NOT BE THE NECESSITY TO ADD SALT.
ADD ENOUGH LIQUID SO THAT WHEN IT REDUCES, THERE WILL BE ENOUGH LIQUID LEFT TO IMMERSE THE MEAT INTO THE SAUCE TO SIMMER…..IF WATER IS ADDED TO STRETCH THE SAUCE, THERE WILL BE THE RISK OF ALTERING THE TASTE OF THE RENDERED DOWN LIQUID. THEREFORE DO NOT ADD WATER TO STRETCH THE LIQUID, A GENERAL RULE, IS TO MAKE MORE LIQUID THAT YOU THINK THAT YOU WILL REQUIRE.
THE TYPE OF STOCK THAT YOU USE IN THE SAUCE WIL DEPEND ON THE MEAT THAT WILL BE ADDED TO THE MIXTURE. FOR SIMMERING IE ,,, FISH STOCK OR SEASONING WILL BE USED FOR COOKING FISH……..CHICKEN STOCK AND SEASONING WILL BE USED FOR SIMMERING CHICKEN………….MEAT STOCK OR SEASONING WILL BE USED FOR MEAT SIMMERING.